June 3, 2010

Wake up! Rise up!

In less than 2 months, I'll be finishing my fourth year of Med School. "How fast time flies" seems to be my favorite quote these days. Yet, every single time I ask myself, how much of it have been of quality? How much of it have I used wisely? With regret, I'll say, not much.


During my last usrah, our naqib, Ust Fairuz said to us, "Ramai orang cakap, masa berlalu dengan cepat. Tapi banyak manakah berkat masa yang berlalu itu?"

After hearing that, I felt like a huge anvil just dropped on my head. Seriously. I started to relate it right away with my daily activities.

A perfect example would be my three-times-a-week four hours clinical rounds. Last week, I used to complain, four hours is just too long for us to be in the ward with patients. But this week, although I'm still elated when my Professor released us early, I made sure to make full use of the time I have at the wards. I try not to complain, even when the resident repeat the same things. I try not to complain, even when two different Professors gave a lecture on the same topic.

I am a student, and my knowledge is like a drop of water in the ocean.

So I hope my fellow colleagues who might stumble upon this post, to wake up, to rise up. We may have our complains, but complains are not meant to be reflected on our attitude in class. Save them for later, cause we will never get any benefit from complaining.

We've only got two years left before all eyes will be on us. We will be judged for our actions, not only by our future patients but also by Him. Two years, what will we get if we keep on complaining?

Be enthusiastic. Avoid complaining.

3 comments:

Sadhana Bt. Azahar June 3, 2010 at 7:43 PM  

makan dalam jugak ni. hehe.

Neo Rantissi June 3, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

Dushhh, direct hit bro, tikam tembus beb, erkk. Mmg makan dalam bak kata cik sadhana.

Taknak dah komplen2, jom2, wake up and rise up!!!

Johannas June 5, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

Like I mentioned yesterday Zainal, aku pun baru je muhasabah diri ak sendiri pasal benda ni. Sama2 la kte menasihati kan :D

About this blog

Reserved for when I have time by my side. :)

Followers

Recent posts

Labels

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP